Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer is almost over.... soon the temperature is going to decline, the leaves are going to change into gorgeous colors, school will start again, and responsibilities will return. Soon I will leave all of my aspen grove friends to enter back into the real world... the world where I study for hours a day and can actually watch tv... Back to an apartment where my internet is actually speedy, back to living with my friend Kate. Back to working at L&T.... back to stressing about money. Part of me is really really happy that fall is coming, that I get to decorate my room with Kate, all the while watching endless fringe and supernatural episodes... making midnight 7/11 runs. I am so excited to meet new people, new BOYS, and start learning again.

But part of me is so sad... that this Aspen Grove phase of my life is over. This literally has been the best summer of my life. Even working was fun, because I have 16 awesome dining hall buddies to keep me company as I scrub dishes. Every night is an adventure... going down to p-town, the aspen grove dances, sneaking into the kitchen to grab a midnight snack. These people... I have lived with with, worked with them, played with them... 24 hours a day. It has been seriously amazing! And I am so sad that this phase of my life is over!

But seriously... life is amazing. I couldn't have made a better decision to come to BYU, to come to Aspen Grove... I am growing up, dear readers... which is scary and exhilarating at the same time.

Well I realize that this blog wasn't funny at all... but hey, its a bit insightful, right? Ok... maybe not... but at least its a blog. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment