Monday, July 26, 2010

Things that I am freaking grateful for

Not to be cocky, but my life is freaking amazing. I love it so much... so I am going to list them until I either run out of things that I am grateful for, or until I get bored of writing... (most likely it will be the latter...)

  1. I'm so happy that I am here at Aspen Grove right now... not only is the work pretty easy and awesome, but living up in the mountains for three months is amazing in itself. Elder Holland said to us, "I have traveled the world with my family. We have had countless family vacations... but this.... (he indicates to the mountains and trees around us) this tops them all. You are truly blessed to be living here."
  2. I am so grateful for the new friends that I have made this summer... Chelsea, Lucas, Jessica B, Jessica R, Anna, Kyle, Kelly, Albert.... thats just naming a few. Thanks for putting up with my weirdness and being so completely awesome. Thanks for joining me in making up raps, thanks for scrubbing dishes with me or scooping icecream with me... thanks for the late night snack runs or the late night swims. You guys are awesome.
  3. And for my friends back at home... I love you as much as ever... Bri, Anna, Lee... I miss you guys more than you can imagine. I know that I say that this last year has been the best of my life, and a huge part of that was because of the time I got to spend with you guys while on my vacation. Bri, you made me feel so loved, giving up hanging out with your friends to be with me... dedicating days just to me. I love you so much!
  4. This should have been my number one, but I am too lazy to go back and change it... I am so grateful for my family. From my mom, who is willing to drive 14 hours just to support her daughter in doing the things she loves... to my dad, who is one of my best friends, the guy that I can tell anything to, who I can make up dances with and harmonize as we drive to go fish... to John and Laci, bringing the most amazing two kids into this world, who I love more than anything... Steven and Effie, for SOON to be bringing in a little one... To Ashley, who is my best friend in this entire world. I love Ashley so much.... she is the only person that I could tell everything to. She always makes me laugh and appreciate life just a little more. Tyler and Travis, encouraging me to live life to the fullest and making me want to be more adventurous. I love my family, you guys, so freaking much.
  5. I am grateful that I have music in my life... that I can sing, play piano and guitar... that anytime I want I can whip up some music. I know that I am talented and I am so happy that I am. I am so happy that I have something that makes me me.
  6. Sooo grateful that I get to go to BYU... one of the funnest places I have ever been. Everyone is so happy there, so excited about life.
  7. I am grateful for the gospel.. I'm grateful to be LDS... because I know its true. I know that through the gospel, I can be with my family forever. And you all know how much I love my family... :) nothing would make me happier than to be able to be with them for the rest of eternity... and because of the gospel, I know that that is possible.
  8. I am so happy that I am happy... I think that it is one of the best things about myself. I rarely get angry, and if I do, I'm over it within a couple of hours... I can't hold a grudge to save my life. Rarely do I wake up sad or angry or depressed... there is just too much in life to be happy about! :)
  9. I am so grateful that I am healthy... sure I have asthma and excema, but other than that, I am healthy... I am grateful I have a functioning body!
  10. Boys
  11. for all the little things... for the sunshine on my face when I race out of my cabin in the morning, to the fearless butterflies at the pool who don't mind landing on your leg, to long showers where the water doesn't run out of heat, to wearing flowers in my hair.

I really do love my life... sometimes I think to myself, "Dang Kara... you have a pretty good life... so what are you going to do about it? How are you ever going to pay off the debt that you owe? How are you going to give back to the world even a portion of what you have been given?

And I don't really know, dear readers... I guess all I can do is try to help people out in the little ways... and try to make them aware of all the things they have to be grateful for too. So if you want, you don't have to, but post a comment of something that you are thankful for. :) Lets see what we find. :)



1 comment:

  1. if i left a comment listing ALL the things i was grateful for here, it would take up too much space. but i'm going to take your advice and write one . . . perhaps on my blog. but here's a mini version!!

    1. I'm thankful for YOU, Kara!
    2. I'm thankful for my family . . . i just found out my aunt is gonna have triplets
    3. I'm thankful that I can go to college and live comfortably without piling on any debt (so far!)
    4. I'm thankful my car is running
    5. I'm thankful for my job

    That's good for now! :)

    ReplyDelete