Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer time, Feeling fine.

The title of this blog is the title of a song I wrote actually. The lyrics aren't profound, but they encompass what this summer has been about.

On a sunny day I can see for miles
But all I see are the people's smiles
The sun has brought us out to town
So we can paint portraits with our shadows.

Summer time, Feeling fine
You are always on my mind
Let's go, go, let's go,
Run until the sun don't show.

All the children have come out to play
Laughing is the way they pray
Ice-cream trucks always play our tune
And parents always call you in too soon.

Summer time, Feeling fine
You are always on my mind
Let's go, go, let's go,
Run until the sun don't show.

Now we may not be children forever,
But we can still look for hidden treasure
And when the sun is shining strong,
We can all be forever young.

Summer time, Feeling fine
You are always on my mind
Let's go, go, let's go,
Run until the sun don't show.
Run until the sun don't show.

I love writing music... and the tune to this song is adorable. I actually like the tune a lot better than the words of this song. It's all like "da-da-DA-Da-da... dadadada..." ... ya.

ANYWAYS right now I have about 18 mosquito bites covering my legs... its quite sad. For a while I thought I was immune to those little buggers... until I woke up two mornings ago to realize that I had had an dramatic encounter with a mosquito lodging in my room of which I was completely unaware.

This week has consisted of mini-golfing, watching movies, basking in the sun, going down two of the most terrifying water slides EVER... and more sun. It's been great.

I hate mosquitos.

I love my beliefs.

Yesterday I went to Park City. Tomorrow I go sky diving.

It's been a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment