Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekly Checkup

Ok, so I know that I missed the second Sunday of my promised blog posts, but I have a valid reason, I swear! I was in Idaho, where none of my family members have internet. But I'll go into that more later. Also, it is taking everything that I have right now to write this blog. I just want to read a book and eat my apple and go to bed.x

SCHOOL

Not taking any classes now, thank goodness. I am just able to kick back and enjoy this freedom and zero-stress life until August 29th hits. Strangely, I am actually looking forward to starting school back up again. To get back into the hustle bustle of things, and to have every minute of my day planned out so that I am as productive as possible. I love feeling like I don't have enough time in my day to do anything (I hate it, of course, but I love it because it makes me feel like I am living my life to the fullest.)

WORK

I love the people that I work with. I do spend 40 hours a week there, so I guess I should have loads of stories... the secretary just got married (who I thought hated me for a very long time but I think she might actually like me now.... maybe its because she is married. Meh.) Also, I have been saying "meeh" a lot lately. Anytime I am annoyed or put out or am asked to do anything I don't want to do at work, I am just like "Meh." I think it is annoying everyone around me as much as it is annoying myself.

Also, I think I am getting fatter from working there. I seriously eat ALL OF THE TIME. Burgers, pastries, fries, salads (on good days)... when will it stop? WHEN WILL IT STOP??? I'm being dramatic, I know, but I want to lose about 5-10 pounds.

*I need to eat my apple more quickly. Blogging and apple munching only results in brown apple, which results in my sadness.

ROMANCE

I don't really know why I put this section in my blog. Probably because I spend most of my time with Lucas, and I want to tell you about the things we are doing. I promise not to get gushy and lovey-dovey, because I don't feel the need to post intimate details about my relationship on a blog. I don't need to validate my relationship in that way. I guess I feel my relationship is secure enough that I don't need to shout out the way I feel about my partner to everyone in hopes that some might believe it.

Anyways, Lucas and I have had a lot of fun this last week. I took Lucas down to Idaho to meet all of my friends and family, and it seriously was such a blast. We ventured out to Homedale a time or two, and it wasn't as horrible as I was expecting. And I spent the fourth of July with about every single person that I cared about, which was absolutely amazing. I saw a lot of my extended family, all but one of my brothers in my immediate family, and my three best friends in Idaho. It was seriously so lovely.

The best part about it was that Kade and Afton (my niece and nephew) absolutely adored Lucas. Lucas gave Afton a couple of roses, and she just fell in love with him. He also gave Kade a dollar, which Kade informed us is going in his piggy bank so he can buy an Idaho atlas.

Me, Lucas, Kade, Afton, and my sister Ashley all went out to Lucky Peak (a little lake with a water fountain in the middle of it.) It was so much fun. Here are some of my favorite pics of the event. :)


This is me and miss Afyton looking at the rocks, trying to find a "pwetty wock to thwo." She is such a pretty little girl. :)












Lucas took Kade to the center of the freezing cold lake so that Kade could attempt to swim. Kade's face in this picture is priceless.









And my computer is being dumb, so I can't put any others on there. But that day was epic.

And Lucas is awesome.

RELIGION

Religion? What?? Haha I guess because it is a part of my life, I thought I could have a little section on it. Recently I have felt really discriminated against because of my religion.

A good friend of mine recently said that the LDS religion is nothing more than "Regurgitating psycho-babble." For some reason, this really upset me. I guess the main reason I am hurt is because this is coming from a friend who currently suffers discrimination against her sexual orientation, and yet she is discriminating me in this blog against my religion and my beliefs. Its upsetting and hurtful and a little bit hypocritical. I'm not angry, because I believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. But I just don't feel the need to talk about something that some people dedicate their whole lives to and believe so whole heartedly in such a negative and disrespectful way. Just because someone's beliefs comepletely contradict your own doesn't give you the reason to belittle it or so casually disregard it.

MISC

I am very excited to dress up for the midnight showing of Harry Potter.

I am going sky-diving this summer.

I miss Kate.

And I miss you, Chels. :) Have fun in New York, Presh.

No comments:

Post a Comment