Friday, October 19, 2012

It's been a while

Ok, so it may have been a while since I have written on this thing.  I think about this blog a lot, actually.  Something traumatic will happen during my day and I think, "I'll blog about it tonight." But then I get home, and either I have a million papers to write or "Social Network" is on TV and blogging never gets done.

Is it bad that I'm not an athletic person? Like... at all? Or that I never, EVER work out? My sister said that I'm a skinny fat (116 lbs, but no muscle on me.) I can live with it, but I really do want to be healthy.  I try to eat my fruits, or walk briskly as I walk from one end of campus to the next. But most of the time, I just feel like I need to be out there DOING SOMETHING.

So please, tell me how you motivate yourself to work out, what you do, and how you simply set aside time to do it!

Ok, let's do a brief rundown of this semester, shall we?


  1. I'm married.  And in school.  All of my married friends told me that school would be SO much easier once you were married because you had less of a life, and you and significant other would just be responsible and study all the night long.  Not so.  Not even a little bit.  Once I step foot into my apartment, all productivity stays on the doorstep.  As soon as I see my husband, all I want to do is curl up with him, watch hilarious YouTube videos, and talk about nothing for hours.  There really is nothing like being married to your best friend.  I love Lucas more than I have ever loved another person, and I am amazed that this love keeps growing. Ah!
  2. Despite the fact that I can't do homework in my apartment, I'm doing fairly well this semester! Got through my first round of midterms, and am about to start my next round next week.  I have a huge paper due on Wednesday (which my professor told me we should take 30 hours on.)
    1. Ok, I'm going to digress. The above professor is super intense.  We have two 30-hour papers due this semester, and one 80-hour paper due as well.  Not to mention daily quizzes on tons of reading every day in class, plus two midterms and a final.  Oh, and did I mention it was behavioral neuroscience? Weirdly... it's one of my favorite classes.  
  3. I'm President of BYU psychology club, Psych Association.  This is way crazier than I thought it would be, but way more fulfilling than I thought it would be as well.  I love my major!
  4. I'm the office supervisor over two restaurants on campus.  Crazy sauce.  I work about 20 hours a week doing that, but I love all of the employees so it is just magical.
  5. I'm a research assistant to health psychologist Dr. Chad Jensen at BYU, and we are doing a ton of studies right now.  I'm personally responsible for recruitment for a weight loss study (haha).  I love doing research with this guy!
  6. I'm also a research assistant for health psychologist Dr. Patrick Steffen.  He does a lot of stress tests, which is really fun.  Its my job to get people as stressed as possible (most of the time by telling them that they are doing a bad job at something) to see how they react.  
  7. I try to cook, I really do.  But most of the time, we eat left overs/ mooch off of friends/ go to events on campus for the free food.  I try to cook at least one delicious meal a week (in HUGE quantities so I won't have to cook for days.)  A week ago I made potato soup that I literally just finished yesterday.  Yum.  
  8. Cleaning... well, I was so much better at that BEFORE school started.  Now most of the time our textbooks and assignments are strewn across the coffee table and counters. 
  9. If you thought that making friends when you were single was any sort of challenge, wait until you are married.  You now have to make couple friends, and so that's FOUR relationships that have to match to work.  Thankfully, we were blessed with amazing neighbors and previous couple friends, so the transition hasn't been too hard.
  10. I'm trying my best to be the best person I can be.  I'm coming to understand myself more and more each day. Remind me one day to post about shadow complexes and how they are changing my life.
I love my life.  Seriously.  I'll lay in bed and just cry, telling Lucas how happy I am right now.  I may be swamped with school, essentially always sick with some sort of illness, and have no social life, but even I cannot deny how incredibly blessed I am.  In relief society the other day, the women giving the lesson was saying how blessed she was because she came from a family where all of her family members were active, where her parents where still together, that she had no debt, and that is why she was so grateful.  And I realized then, that I didn't have any of those things.  But in no way did I feel like I hadn't been tremendously blessed. In no way have can I deny that I haven't had a freaking amazing life.  Has it been bumpy? Sometimes, tremendously.  But I have never, at any point in my life, thought that I had nothing to be grateful for. 

Wow, this is a long blog.  I could seriously write about a million things right now. Who knows? Maybe I will in the next few weeks.  Now, wouldn't that be exiting? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment