Saturday, August 11, 2012

House-Wivery

In four days, I will have been married to Lucas for two months.  To be quite honest, I was terrified to become a WIFE.  Yes, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of forever with Lucas, and that I wanted to spend all of my free time with him, but there was something very ominous about the title "wife." I have never been much of a cook, I am incredibly messy, I like to buy junk food and watch movies late at night.... and I just couldn't see myself being a wife.  

I'm pleased to announce that house-wivery is becoming easier as the days tick on.  I don't know why, but by having a new apartment where everything inside of it is mine, I want my apartment to be clean! I always think to myself, "what if this friend came over to see our apartment for the first time, and it was a mess? I MUST CLEAN!" So I find myself doing my dishes after I eat, cleaning the living room a million times a day, and even - if you can believe it - putting away my clothes after I wear them. THE MADNESS! 

As far as cooking goes, it is an ongoing adventure.  Sometimes I cook meals and pronounce "I am a freaking awesome cook!" while other times I make meals and tell Lucas, "You don't have to eat it... really, you don't."  there have been a few cooking highlights since we have been married.  The other day, spur of the moment, I made lemon chicken that was to die for.  Yesterday, I made homemade cookies and cream ice-cream (that I am eating right now.  Tell me, is 10am too early for a bowl of ice-cream?) Let's see... oh ya, I made this AWESOME Caribbean Jerk Chicken.  Seriously, if you want the recipe, I will be more than happy to give it to you, as all should partake in this chicken. 

All in all, house-wivery isn't all that bad.  I guess it helps that I am madly in love with my husband, and doing things like cleaning and cooking and massages are just many ways that I like to show him that I love him. Now the real question... what to cook for tonight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment