Saturday, April 23, 2011

What do I want?

What do I want?? Well, that is the question, isn't it? My goals and plans have changed drastically over the last 10 years... for example.

When I was 10, I wanted
  1. To get married
  2. To live in Idaho right next to my mom and dad
  3. To raise and sell thousands of lab puppies as my source of income
  4. To have lots of friends
  5. To maybe be famous... for my record amount of puppies or for my singing, I don't know.
When I was 15, I wanted
  1. Tyler Gibson to like me
  2. To have more friends
  3. To have a nice body
  4. To get good grades
  5. To become a nurse
When I entered into college, I wanted
  1. A boyfriend/spouse
  2. Friends
  3. To get good grades
  4. Still wanted to be a nurse
  5. To still live in Idaho when I was done with school
NOW the things I want are...

  1. To have someone who loves me for me.
  2. To be a better person.
  3. To graduate in psychology to become a therapist
  4. To have fun while keeping up the grades
  5. To love my family no matter what
Looking at these lists, it's clear to see that I have grown up a little in my life. My life career plan is constantly changing, but for some reason psychology has stuck and so... I'm putting my all into it. Relationships have come and gone... I've tampered with many a douche bag and have had my heart broken. I've realized what I want and what I don't want. I understand how utterly important my family is to me as I watch outside forces try to shatter it. I finally get that this life is for living, and I shouldn't take for granted a single day of it.

I love my life. I really and honestly love every day. I might live in an apartment that currently smells like rotten fruit, or have hives all over my legs, or have such chapped lips that every time I smile they start to bleed. But I honestly wouldn't change a single part of my life.

Thanks for everyone who influences me in some way. You are everything to me, and I love you so much. Keep being awesome, people. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog posts, Kara. And I'm glad you are a part of my life. This will be the Summer of our lives :) And I can't wait to share it with you!
    I love you dear :)

    ReplyDelete