Monday, September 12, 2011

Let's get this done, people!

I officially have to go to home in like... four minutes, so needless to say this blog is going to be short and snappy. SHNAPPY, I SAY!

First, school is starting to seem a teeny tiny bit more manageable. I can fit everything that I need to do in my 6am-7pm M-F schedule. Which is a ridiculously long day, granted, but at least I get that feel-good-in-my-stomach-accomplished feeling at the end of the day.

I just read a research article about the correlation between attachment with parents and the amount of religious activity a person has. It was really interesting! It says that parents (especially mothers) who were kind and nurturing as parents to their children increased their child's likelihood of being religious as they got older. So basically, there is a correlation between the way a mom treats a daughter/son and the likelihood that they will remain in a religion as an adult. Prettyyyy cool.

Also, I have learned SO much at BYU this year alone. Like, how to juggle a million different things but remember what is important in life. How to be truly happy with my life, and not just my actions. I have learned so much about religion... I won't go on a religion rampage, I swear. ;) I just love the church that I am in, that's all. I guess all the things that I have learned have been through the gospel, I guess... especially on how to be happy. A lot of people tell me that I am not living my life to the fullest because I am living with an eternal mindset... but tell me, if I am seeking for eternal happiness, how would that make me miserable in the process?

Anyways, my mom and sister are coming down this weekend for my birthday (turning 20 on the 20th... its my golden year. :) ) and for my recording session with Jenny next week. I am THUPER DUPER THTOKED! This week shall be amazing, I say yes.

Anyways, I think I know what my next blog is going to be about. And it's not religion, I promise... I will give you a hint... talking/walking in my sleep runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment